Program Benefits Overview
TeachStart Fellows have access to a number of benefits, including:
- A selection of healthcare plans from which to choose, including options 100% covered by Scoot. You can review the plan options below:
- Dental/vision insurance, which is 75% paid by Scoot
- Paid time off (PTO and Paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid foundational training & onboarding
- Paid professional development days
- Paid study days
- Kickstarter Grant reimbursements
Health Benefits Overview
- Fellows must enroll before start of month in order to receive benefits. The benefits will start on the 1st of following month.
- IMPORTANT: Scoot’s subsidized healthcare plans only cover the TeachStart Fellow and do not cover family members. Family members are able to sign-up but will be solely covered by the candidate. More information on benefit policies is available under Employer Offered Insurance Policies.
You will be eligible to accrue and use sick leave in accordance with applicable California and local laws. Generally, this means that you will accrue one hour of sick leave for every 30 hours you work up to a cap of 48 hours and you may use up to 24 accrued hours in any given academic year. Further details regarding how to use sick leave and qualifying reasons is contained in Scoot’s policies.
You will be able to apply for benefits once you are enrolled as a TeachStart fellow. Benefits will start the same month you start the fellowship. Once you become a regular employee, you will become benefits eligible consistent with the terms of the Benefit Plans or applicable laws. You will be notified and given a chance to elect benefits for which you have become eligible.